Mechanical Engineer vacancy
General description HARD
HARD is a formula student team of around 30 people. We consist of motivated students from a lot of different studies. As a team we try to build an electric race car with which we can compete with at a formula student event.
Description of function
As a member of the mechanical engineering team you will help to make the car drive!
As the mechanical driverless engineer at HARD you will be part of the design and production process of a formula student race car. Your main focus will be to help the driverless team with putting all the hardware on the car. You will specialize in the design and manufacturing of all the components needed to fit the driverless hardware on the car. You will help the driverless team with were they can place components and how big these components will be. You know how to put all the hardware in the car in a efficient way. You will be working closely with the lead mechanical to make everything fit in the car and work as a complete system.
You will be the specialist in the team on all the components in the car, you know how the finished car will look, you also know the rules, the designs and you have the practical knowledge to reach the goal: having a car with all the different systems put together and working together. Next to this you can help your fellow mechanical engineers, or pick up other tasks that have to be done
- Interested in cars/the formula student competition
- Motivated to learn and apply new skills
- Someone who can take initiative
- Someone who works well in teams
- Studying Mechanical engineering/Werktuigbouwkunde
- Able to work with solidworks
What do we offer?
- The ability to see your design become real
- Team building activities
- Office and workshop to work in
- Possible participation at a formula student event
- Chance of driving a formula student race car.